Friday, September 4, 2009

The Start of the School Year Excitment Posting

Maybe it's the beautiful weather.

Maybe it's my new classroom (with actual tables and chairs!).

Maybe it was seeing Y. and D. and G. and even S.

Maybe it was the surprise kiss on the cheek T. gave me.


But I'm excited.

I'm excited that I know and don't know what the hell I'm doing.

I'm excited to share and learn from new (and old) staff.

I'm excited about the discounted Picasso and Pollock I put up.

I'm excited to fail and learn.

I'm excited to play.

I'm excited to work really hard.

I'm excited to figure out how to connect Biggie Smalls to Macbeth. And Macduff and Obama. Oh and Broadway musicals too.

I'm excited to be surprised.

I'm excited to move past the unknown/what if's/maybes and do this thing.


Loving what you do is a rare and special thing. Let me remember that in mid-October.


1 comment: