Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Macbeth related injury: Wednesday, September 30th, 9:20am

This morning at approximately 9:20am, I injured myself with dramatic literature.

You see, just yesterday, in our class, Macbeth had finally(!) managed to kill Duncan and today we were the guests who were awakened by the sounds of knocking.

So I knocked. Loudly. On the table. A lot.

My throat is also sore but that could either be from screaming "horror" as Macduff or from screaming "stop talking" to Deon. Either way, teaching has beat my ass today.

God help me when we get to the battle scenes. (My "stabbing" of Duncan was most definitely too dancerly, but hell, they still got the point. )

Oh and in musical theater I get to run around like a Jet. Yep: West Side Freaking Story. Manana.

1 comment:

  1. If only those kids appreciated the first-rate theater they're seeing! How much will tickets cost for your future shows? ;)

    Seriously, though, how many other teachers would be willing to injure themselves so grievously for their students?

    ReplyDelete