Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Do Now: Write!

This is a common "Do Now" I use in my class. (For you non teachers, a Do Now is something - you guessed it - that the students are supposed to do as soon as they come into your class, to get things a'rolling. Of course it doesn't always work out this way, but believe it or not, my kids usually dig the reliableness of this routine. My most successful ones are short and somehow connected to the kids' lives/interests. This one should take about 1-2 min. Try it out!) :)

Do Now: Complete the following thoughts.

I am....
I love...
I hate....
I fear....
I want....
I need....
****
I am caffeinated.
I love Josh.
I hate litter, childhood obesity, and apathatic education systems.
I fear failure.
I want a scone from Amy's bakery.
I need a shower.

2 comments:

  1. - I am uncomfortable trying to label myself. I am unoriginal in that way.
    - I love Jamie. And I love food, drink and friends. I especially love food. I especially love junky food in large quantities.
    - I hate feeling negative towards myself or Jamie. Negative thoughts, in general, rocket so much more quickly to the surface than positive ones. Why is that?
    - I fear failure as a spouse and as a provider for my family. And I fear women who steal other women's babies. It's always on CNN and that shit always creeps me out. How NUTS do you have to be to cut another woman's baby out from their uterus and pretend that it's yours?
    - I want for nothing, honestly. ACTUALLY I want to more often appreciate the fact that I want for nothing.
    - I need to think less about myself and more about others. And I need to clean our bathroom - it's a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. - I am thirsty and I need to poop at 11:07pm.
    - I love when the weather falls chilly on summer nights.
    - I hate people who walk slowly in front of me.
    - I fear ghosts with long hair and winged cockroaches.
    - I want to watch True Blood now!
    - I need to stop thermal reconditioning my hair and accept the coarse waves, even though I'll look socially unacceptable.

    ReplyDelete