Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lenses, lenses everywhere!

So I'm not saying that the 80 grand I took out in loans was totally worth it, but I tried out some progressive "critical thinking" pedagogy in my Social Lit classes today it was pretty damn successful. And cool.

Racisim
Sexism
Classism
Feminism

We use the words. A lot. Everyday.

And it's only the 8th class.

For example, when asked how we could apply our lenses to poems we're studying, Q in 7th period said, "I can use the feminist lens in My Papa's Waltz because the line "mother's countenance could not unfrown itself" could mean that she can't stop the abuse because she's a woman."

I mean, REALLY?????

Granted, this was 7th period, which is strikingly collegiate like, but still.

Applying the feminist lens already???

I am a proud propagandist teacher, I am.

Next up: bitch and the feminist lens. Or why saying it every other sentence might not be the best idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment