Wednesday, February 3, 2010

55 minutes

Worst. Class. Ever.

Ok, I'm sure it wasn't, or won't be. But right now it sure as fuck feels like it.

Threats of write-ups.

Stopping and starting class. Over and over. Feeling like it was my first day on the job.

All for talking. Stupid god damn talking. Because today is the first day back for many (as opposed to yesterday, when we actually started back). Because we run on a bizzaro (ahem, alternative) time frame - where Tuesday is Monday unless it's Wednesday and Thursday is Friday. Because it's easier to laugh than try sometimes. Because it's still the case that doing your work isn't cool. Because it's somehow just as important to please the teacher as it is to say something hurtful about the new girl's weave.

I love my job.

But 5th period sucked. 4th period wasn't too hot either.

And yes, I'll reflect on what I could've done differently how my lesson needs to be tweaked blah, blah, blah. But right now I'm just tired. And pissed. And tense.

In a school where a "second chance" both means everything and nothing, 55 minutes is too much of not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment