Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Detox: Lesson Plan Edition

Holy cannoli, it's been awhile since I've updated this thing.

Let's see, what's happened?

1. We finished Macbeth. Overall consensus was that he got what he deserved. And the Macduff c-section twist was very much appreciated. As L put it, "Macbeth's a grimy asshole. I'm glad he got his head chopped off."

2. Benchmarks increasingly seem to feel overwhelming to both the students and I. I plan on making the next one low maintenance to help both of us out.

3. The girls love Leroy in Fame.

4. We went on our first theater outing. Hansel and Gretel at the New Victory Theater is an excellent piece of avant garde theater. The fact that all the students had to pay was $2 is beyond mind blowing. I even treated some to high-fructose corn syrup goodies I was so glad to be in Times Square with them. God bless not-for-profit-education theater companies!

5. I had an amazing gluttonous weekend and am paying for it today. But I guess it really wouldn't be Monday without a dull headache and some bloat, now would it?

6. This brings me to the title of this lil entry: my lesson plans SAVED my ass today. Because I had already done the work (of the plan at least), I could really focus my attention on functioning, which was pretty much all my brain could handle.

7. More kids seem to be falling through the cracks. Is it because there are literally more of them (we get new students every day) , or is that the cycle is already half way over and many have calculated their (non) pass rate? Either way, it's starting to feel desperate in here and I don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment